Complete Auto Repair in Sebastopol & Santa Rosa
K-Tech Automotive offers a full range of automotive maintenance and repair services for Sonoma County drivers. We're also an eco-conscious business, working hard to minimize our impact on the environment, while maximizing our positive presence in the Sebastopol community. But don't think our green approach to auto repair means we're new kids on the block. We have over 80 years of combined experience working on domestic, European, and Asian vehicles.
We Do It All (Especially the Hard Stuff!)
At K-Tech Automotive, we fix cars other shops can't. Our founder, Kate Jonasse, has Mercedes-Benz factory training, and we use state-of-the-art equipment to perform diagnostics. We also have the tools and expertise to check your vehicle's computer system for updates, which can affect drivability, emissions, and mileage. Most independent auto repair shops in Sebastopol don't have our computer reprogramming capabilities.
Yes, we're modern technicians up-to-date on the latest in automotive technology, but we're also your friendly hometown mechanics. We're here to take care of all the maintenance and repairs you count on your local auto shop to handle, including:
- Emission System Repairs
- Electrical Repairs
- Fuel Injection Cleaning
- Heating Systems
- Water Pumps
- Air Filter Replacement
- A/C - Air Conditioning
- Wheel / Tire Alignment
- Wheel Balance
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Drive Axles
- Oil Changes / Lube Service
- Radiator Service - Coolant / Antifreeze Change / Flush
- Brake Inspection, Service & Repair
- Exhaust / Muffler Service & Repair
- Smog Repair
- Timing Belt Replacement
Here are some more details about the general services we provide at our Sebastopol auto repair shop:
- Brake Repair – We handle all aspects of brake service and repair, including ABS brake repair, brake fluid change, brake line check, front and rear brake repair, brake adjustment, brake replacement, new brake rotors and drums, high performance brakes, brake bleeding, new brake pads and shoes, disc brake repair, and parking and emergency brake repair.
- Engine Repair – Our ASE Certified technicians are qualified to handle even the most complex engine repairs, including camshaft repair, engine replacement, oil pan gaskets, piston rings, timing chain, valve adjustments, connecting rod bearings, front crankshaft oil seal, oil pan replacement, rear main seal replacement, timing cover, valve cover gaskets, crankshaft repair, head gaskets, oil pump replacement, timing belt replacement, and timing gears.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) – We can service and repair any aspect of your HVAC system, including the accumulator, ambient temperature switch, blower motor, blower motor replacement, blower motor switch, blower motor relay, blower motor resistor, condenser, discharge air temperature sensor, heater core, receiver dryer, relays and modules, cabin temperature sensor, control assembly, control module, evaporator, heater hose, refrigerant charge, vacuum reservoir, air conditioning recharge, compressor repair, high pressure safety valve, refrigerant leaks, and vacuum solenoid valve.
- Transmission Service & Repair – The transmission is one of the most complex parts of your vehicle. We handle 4-wheel drive (4x4), external diagnosis, performance transmissions, transmission rebuild, automatic transmission, fluid and filter replacement, transmission adjustment, transmission replacement, computer diagnosis, manual transmission, transmission cooler, and transmission reseal.
- Clutch Service & Repair – If you're experiencing issues with your clutch, we handle clutch adjustment, clutch kit installation, and clutch slave cylinder replacement.
- Differential Service & Repair – If your car or truck isn't turning smoothly, we handle differential diagnosis, differential fluid check, differential parts replacement, and differential rebuilds.
- Drivetrain Service & Repair – We're qualified to service all parts of your vehicle's drivetrain, including CV shafts and boots, drive shaft and u-joints, and the transfer case.
- Suspension & Steering – Our technicians are familiar with all aspects of suspension and steering systems, including 4x4 suspension, CV joints, high performance suspensions, inner and outer tie rods, new suspensions, rack and pinion, suspension arms, suspension replacement, suspension install, suspension tuning, air suspension, drag and race car suspensions, hub units, leaf spring suspensions, off-road suspensions, rear suspensions, ball joints, lift kits, springs, suspension upgrades, coil springs, front-end suspension, independent rear suspensions, manual steering, power steering, shock absorbers, suspension bushings, suspension lowering, suspension struts, and suspension wheel alignment.
- Electrical System Repair – We can handle any automotive electrical issue right here in our Sebastopol shop, including brake lamps, door locks, flashers, headlamps, ignition switch repair, power mirrors, stop light switch, window defogger switch, electrical shorts, fuel gauge repair, horn repair, interior lighting, power seating, turn signal repair, windshield wiper motor, cruise control, engine temperature gauge, fuse replacement, ignition switch, oil pressure indicator, powered windows, and warning chimes.
- Battery, Charging & Starting Systems – If your car isn't turning over like it should, we're skilled at handling starter system issues, including the alternator belt, alternator tensioner, battery charge, battery replacement, ignition switch, starter replacement, alternator repair, alternator testing, battery load test, battery testing, starter relay, alternator replacement, alternator troubleshooting, battery maintenance, battery troubleshooting, and starter repair.
- Cooling System – If there's a problem with your vehicle's cooling system, our technicians will identify the issue and address it properly, including coolant change (flush), coolant reservoir tank, cooling fan repair, heater core repair, radiator cap, radiator hoses, radiator repair, water pump gaskets, water pump repair and service, coolant filter, coolant temperature sensor, heater core flush, heater hose, radiator coolant, radiator leaks, radiator thermostat, water pump hose, coolant pump, coolant thermostat, heater core leaks, high performance radiators, radiator cooling fan, radiator pumps, water pump belt, and water pump leaks.
- Emission System – We work on all emission system components, including catalytic converter repair, EGR modulator, EGR vacuum solenoid, emissions testing, PCV replacement, catalytic converter replacement, EGR repair, EGR valve solenoid, fuel pressure sensor, EGR cleaning, EGR replacement, EGR valves, and PCV enhancer.
- Exhaust System – We handle all types of exhaust issues and upgrades, including custom exhaust, exhaust heat shield, exhaust muffler, exhaust muffler replacement, exhaust resonators, stainless steel exhaust, dual exhaust, exhaust kits, exhaust muffler pipes, exhaust muffler silencers, high performance exhaust, exhaust headers, exhaust manifold, exhaust muffler repair, exhaust muffler tips, and racing exhaust mufflers.
- Fuel System – At our Sebastopol auto repair shop, we can work on all aspects of your vehicle's fuel system, including custom fuel tanks, fuel filter removal, fuel injection pump, fuel injector parts, fuel injector testing, fuel pump filter, fuel pump relay, ruel pump replacement, fuel tank, fuel tank installation, fuel tank removal, fuel tank switch, pressure regulator, fuel filter installation, fuel filter repair, fuel injector cleaning, fuel injector repair, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump gasket, fuel pump removal, fuel pump sending unit, fuel tank cleaning, fuel tank leaks, fuel tank repair, fuel tank valves, pressure regulator valve, fuel filter maintenance, fuel gauge fuel injector leaks, fuel injector replacement, fuel pump, fuel pump parts, fuel pump repair, fuel pump troubleshooting, fuel tank filter, fuel tank pump, fuel tank sending unit, and performance fuel injectors.
- Lighting & Wipers – Your lights and wipers are important for your safety, which is our #1 priority. We repair automatic headlight control, emergency flashers, headlight adjustment, leadlight covers, headlight switch, LED headlights, tail and marker lights, windshield replacement, windshield wiper motor, backup lights, fog light installation, headlight alignment, headlight relay, parking lights, turn signals, windshield wiper arm, windshield wiper switch, custom headlights, fuses, headlight bulbs, headlight replacement, interior lights, stoplights, washer fluid reservoir, and windshield wiper blades.
- Filters & Fluids – Regularly checking and replacing your filters and fluids can help you avoid expensive repairs. Come to K-Tech if you need an oil change, air filter, cabin filter, oil filter, or fuel filter.
- Belts & Hoses – Belts and hoses wear out and need to be replaced periodically. We handle brake hoses, fan belt replacement, hose clamps, serpentine belt replacement, timing belt installation, timing belt replacement, coolant hose, fuel hose, hose fittings, timing belt chain, timing belt pulley, drive belt, heater hose, radiator hose, timing belt cover, and timing belt repair.